Standardised training for Digital Champions
Digital Buddy training
Our One Digital partner Age UK have developed the ‘Digital Buddy’ concept because the Digital Champion role can sometimes be too onerous for volunteers. Digital Buddies informally support people in their community to understand the benefits of getting online, and inspire them to make the most out of technology.
Age UK have created an engaging e-learning module, so anyone can quickly train as a Digital Buddy. We need as many Digital Buddies as possible to help out across society
Digital Champions Network
Our One Digital partner Digital Unite are experts in training Digital Champions and are now supporting over 200 organisations across the UK. They have continued to build and develop their Digital Champions Network (DCN) to provide the standardised training and support which is crucial for embedding a successful Digital Champions project.
Digital Unite’s partnership work and agile approach means they have:
- developed tailored content for specific organisations
- launched a Digital Health Champions Network, which focuses on training NHS Digital Champions
- introduced CPD (continuing professional development) certified courses for project managers
- created personalised and flexible data capture tools, enabling projects to gather the data they require to monitor the activities and impact of their programmes
- provided an extensive toolkit full of practical resources including editable leaflets, posters, lesson plans, guides and templates
The DCN is a truly interconnected network of Digital Inclusion projects.
Certificate in Digital Inclusion Project Management
Meanwhile SCVO (Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations), our One Digital partner in Scotland, has been working with Glasgow Kelvin College to develop a brand new qualification for the housing sector in Scotland. Their Certificate in Digital Inclusion Project Management is the equivalent of an HND (Higher National Diploma) and has been specifically developed for those who take the lead role on digital inclusion activity in social housing providers. SCVO is also currently developing two further qualifications which will be aimed at housing staff who provide frontline services.